I'm not a big fan of McDonald’s or fast food in general, but I just find some of these facts about them to be mindblowing.
This is not an endorsement of McDonald’s. If you like them, good for you, if you don't, even better.
1. More than 75 million daily customers
More than 75 million people eat at McDonald’s every day, nearly 1% of the world’s population.
2. More than 750,000+ employees worldwide
MacDonald's employs more than 750,000 people worldwide, almost twice the population of Iceland.
3. Sells around 70 burgers every second
McDonald’s sells more than 70 hamburgers every second.
4. McDonald’s is not a fast food company
Only 7% of McDonald’s outlets are directly operarted by the the company, the rest are all fracnshises. McDonald’s is not a fast food company, they are actually in the real estate business. The majority of their income, around 65%, comes just from renting out outlets around the world.
5. More than 38,000 outlets globally
McDonald’s has more than 38,000 outlets around the globe.
6. Started out selling hotdogs
McDonald's started out by selling hotdogs not burgers.
7. McDonald’s uses 6% of US potatoes
Around 6% of US grown potatoes end up as McDonald's french fries.
8. Hamburger University
McDonald’s has a Hamburger University, a 12,000 meter square meter training facility in Chicago.
9. Around 1 million employed yearly
McDonald's hires around 1 million workers in the US every year.
10. You probably know someone who worked there
According to company estimates, one in every ten Americans has been employed by McDonald's at some point in their life.